This course is meant for people who only want to learn how to “survive” in Czech with a very limited knowledge of the language. We will study grammar very briefly and we will only focus on phrases in certain situations. We will cover the following topics: general Czech (greetings, genders, conjugation of the most common/practical verbs), restaurant (ordering food, special requests, complaints), shopping (phrases, vocabulary, numbers), getting around (buying tickets, locations, getting directions).
We will make sure that your first interaction with the Czech language is going to be a smooth and pleasant experience! We are aware of how difficult and challenging Czech language is, so don’t worry, we will get you through!
We have the best experience with Čeština Expres textbooks, so we use this series, unless it’s some special course.
Have you already had a chance to learn some Czech grammar? Do things like ¨accusative, direct object, genders, numbers, -ovat model, á-model” ring a bell, but you are not 100% sure? Then this course is perfect for you! We will start with reviewing the basics, and then we will move on to new grammar points!
This course is suitable for students who are confident using all three tenses (past, present, future), have wider vocabulary (common everyday objects and locations), and familiar with more than one case (accusative, locative). We will broaden your knowledge of cases, plus increase your vocabulary and add in typical Czech phrases and idioms.
Congratulations, we have great respect for you. But don’t worry, you are not done yet. There’s still plenty more to learn how to say, such as the declination of plural, to be able to flex those linguistic muscles. 95-100 % lekce je jenom v češtině.
Prefer to go at your own pace? You’re the star of the show. We accommodate your learning methods and abilities. Lessons are tailor made with only your advancement in mind.
INTENSIVE WEEKEND COURSE
Would you like to absorb as much Czech as possible, in a short amount of time? We have a weekend course for you! Once per month, we organise a weekend course which lasts 5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday, from 9:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00. We will cover some of the basics of Czech language in only 10 hours. You will learn greetings, genders, numbers, time, directions and conjugation of basic verbs in present tense. It’s going to be intense, yet fun!
Need to take that Czech language exam to receive your residency Visa? Or do you just want to officially achieve a certain level of Czech? No problem! We’ve been through the process, and can get you the preparation you will require to pass stress free.
FREE CLASSES FOR LOW INCOME STUDENTS
We understand that sometimes people can get into very difficult situations and it seems impossible to get out with very limited finances. This class is designed only for people who lack the financial resources to pay for lessons, but think that knowledge of Czech language would rapidly improve their livelihood in the Czech Republic. If you think that you are in such a situation, send us an email and we will schedule a meeting with you.
REQUIREMENTS: 100% attendance and completing all homework assigned.
Courses open upon student enrollment
Beginners (online) : Mondays, 18:30-20:00, 10 weeks for 3000 Kč
False Beginners (online) : Wednesdays, 18:30-20:00, 10 weeks for 3000 Kč
Intermediate (online) : Thursdays, 18-19:30, 10 weeks for 3000 Kč
Survival (online) : Tuesdays, 17:30 – 19:00. 5 weeks for 1500 Kč
Advanced (online) : Tuesdays + Thursdays, 18:30-20:00, 10 weeks for 5000 Kč
Private classes : 550 Kč/60min, 800 Kč/90min
General Terms and Conditions:
- Everyday Czech Language School undertakes to meet the published teaching conditions, especially as regards to the date, the scope and quality of the teaching, the price, the quality of the performance and providing of lecturers.
- If the student who is taking individual classes cannot attend the class, the student has the responsibility to inform Everyday Czech (or their teacher) at least 24 hours before the start of their lesson of their expected absence. If the student cancels the lesson within less than 24 hours from the start of the planned lesson, 50% of the cost of the missed lesson will be charged. If the student cancels the lesson within less than 12 hours of the start of the planned lesson, 100% of the cost of the missed lesson will be charged.
- If Everyday Czech is informed of a student’s absence in a planned group class before the class start time, the student is able to make up the missed class by attending a different group class which is on a similar level. This missed class cannot be added to the next paid session period.
- If your teacher has an emergency situation, Everyday Czech promises to do their best to find a substitute teacher. If the circumstances do not allow it and the class has to be canceled, this class will be provided on a different date and time, based on mutual agreement between the teacher and student(s).
- No classes shall be scheduled on State public holidays (unless a lesson is agreed upon by the teacher and student based on their personal scheduling preferences).